Monday, December 6, 2021

5 quilts December 6, 2021

 My 5 quilts progress report.

I am happy for a new week and a new start on my quilts.


1. boho heart -I finished one block this week - very slow going



2..full stop quilt that Angela is doing for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I decided I wanted to add a little something to my full stop quilt - words of explanation


3. rhododendren mystery - hunter -clue one is finished - I have started cutting for clue 2



4. fish school - this is a year long project for the quiltville leader/ender challenge. After a big push of cutting, I have started putting a few blocks together.

I used a random number generator , and this is the project that came up for my empty 5th spot.

5. kaleidoscope paper pieced - I found this at a guild rummage sale a few years ago. Usually,  I don't like paper piecing. But it looked simple enough.  I pulled it out and sorted through it. There were 6 blocks finished and enough paper patterns for a nice quilt. I left it out for a bit as I made my decisions. I would walk by it and think. I decided I am keeping the finished blocks, but I am passing the project on to guild. Maybe someone will want to do it.  I just found the quickest way to "finish" an old ufo.



I have a donation quilt listed on etsy - money to be donated to the rescue mission food bank

front
back

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet 


1. wonky courthouse - hunter - need to piece a back and prepare the binding - on the frame - quilted - needs bound

2. hourglass leader ender challenge - hunter - on  the frame

3, end of the rainbow rsc - has been found

4. row rainbow rsc

5. gray baby flannel

I am linking:

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea to include "words of explanation" on that quilt! Pretty colors on the rhododendron mystery. I bet someone in your guild will be thrilled with the paper piecing! What a lovely thing to do with your donation quilt.
    Thank you for linking to To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you pick five quilts to work on! Great way to see progress on them. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post thank you Cory

    ReplyDelete