Sunday, December 26, 2021

stash report december 26 2021

The last stash report of the year - I hope you all had a merry Christmas. Ours was quiet

I am facing a scrap dilema. I am sure I have officially more scraps than yardage, but I can't find room for them or all the scrap quilts I want to make. They are piling up higher and higher. And it seems that the more I cut, the more there is. They are lurking behind every corner, under every surface, hanging from the ceiling. There is some in the garage, attic, and basement. Somehow, I must make a stand. I am just not sure what.  These totes are all scraps. If you go by weight there is 900 yards. Most of my quilts take 20- 25 yards = 36 quilts. I finished 18 quilts this year, but start to finish I might make 8. My scraps alone could last more than 4 years

embarrassing confession

my first stash report on this blog was Aug 2016

Fabric Used this Week: 6 1/4  yards  backing, binding for a quilt and hexies

Fabric Added this Week: 48 yards

Net Fabric for 2016: 41.75 yards in the hole

 ended the year with this

Stash report dec 2016

Fabric Used this Week:  8 yards
finished a quilt and passed some fabric on to someone else.
Fabric Used year to Date: 63 3/4 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 3 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 570 1/2 yards -  a large portion was from goodwill and an estate sale.

Net Fabric for 2016: 512  yards in the hole

the end of december 2017

Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 34 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 388 1/2 yards
Fabric Added this Week: 6 1/2  yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 369 3/4 yards

Net Fabric for 2017: 18 3/4 yards used more than added.

stash report december 2018

Fabric Used this Week 1/2 yard
Fabric Used or gone from house year to Date: 779 yards  * 400 donated = 379.00 actually used

Fabric Added this Week: 1 1/4 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 242 yards

Net Fabric for 2018: 537  yards used more than purchased. 

I didn't really keep track in 2019

the last report in 2020 sept 

Stash report  September 2020


Fabric Used this week: 32 yards - 

Fabric Used year to Date: 300.25 yards

Fabric Added this week: 31 yards  

Fabric Added Year to Date: 148.75 yards
net fabric: 151.5 yards used more than bought


And now for this year

stash report December 26, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 22 yards wonky courthouse finish

Fabric Used year to Date: 233 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this week: 0 yards 
Fabric Added Year to Date: 173 yards

net fabric: 60 1/2 yards used more than bought

 I stitched at least 15 minutes 6 days this week. 

 Once the friendsheep exchange began in my rug hooking guild, we have been passing them around pretty quickly. I did the rainbow rug on the bottom right. I have Vivian's rug to work on today.

carolyn' s rug

 I am linking to:

11 comments:

  1. You are such an accomplished quilter that of course you are rich in scraps! And also you make the most amazing quilts from your scraps! Loved seeing the rug exchange update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scraps are beginning to look like that too. I think I have 4 containers though. Good luck! Happy Stitching and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! I don't feel so alone anymore. I read all these blogs and the posters show pictures of their organized scraps. You show me tubs and that is how mine are kept. Now I just need to spend more time working with my scraps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have a scrap problem, although a bit smaller. Pat Sloan says you have to have a plan if you are going to keep them. I was just thinking this morning I need a scrap plan for 2022. Great minds...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of scraps. I hope you are able to make a big dent in the totes of scraps this year. I love the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are not alone. My scraps bins are stacked to the ceiling and are everywhere too.Lol. I have to admit, I would rather work from my scraps than yardage. I look forward to seeing your 2022 projects. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you find a workable solution for the scrap problem, please let us know. The scraps here are starting to get unmanageable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I agree with Carolyn! If you come up with a plan, I'd love to learn about it. I was working on a Postage Stamp quilt, but got sidetracked. Your rug exchange is so pretty! How fun!

      Delete
  8. That's a lot of scraps, soon turning into beautiful quilts! Scraps tend to multipliate as they are used, so maybe it's never ending ;))
    Thank you for sharing and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, that's a lot of scraps, truly. Continuous leader/ender chain piecing of crumb blocks? I'm feeling much better about my own four drawers full; thanks for that at least, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are brave to actually acknowledge the scrap abundance. I don't have so many scraps (I don't think anyway, I'm not going to look). You've had a really good year on both the stash busting and stitching time fronts. Hopefully next year will be as good. Thanks for being a regular linky party participant this year.

    ReplyDelete