Friday, December 10, 2021

rhododendron and scraps

I cut and pieced the second clue of rhododendron mystery quilt this week. It doesn't look like much, but it was a lot of cutting and piecing. And I was off with my numbers and didn't have enough to finish the opposite colorway.


I did cut the rest of the wings.


I have been cutting scraps again. I can't take much of a break from scraps or they will overpower me.

I have a few ideas for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy next year that will use strings and crumbs.


10 inch -1 pound 4 ounces

2 inch and 1 1/2 in - 4 ounces

5 inch -1 pound 5 ounces

2 1/2 in -9 ounces and 3 1//2 in - 6 ounces

3 pounds and 3 ounces = 9 yards  = 90.00 dollars Well worth saving the scraps.

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here


8 comments:

  1. When you put it in dollars and cents, it really puts it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pink and yellow units. Great color combination! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your start on "the Trail". I've been saving patterns...but my scraps are still out of control, so I'm working on those for now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such colorful blocks! Thank you for adding the dollars and cents - I am certainly appreciating my scraps even more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, so can the rainbow scrap challenge project be ANYTHING as long as you use scraps in the right colors each month? Your rhododendron mystery bits look bright and cheerful so far. Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am overwhelmed with my scraps and you are right, I need to keep on top of it to keep it from getting overwhelming. Definitely worth it to take the time to save them. $90!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, each clue does not look like much but is a labor of love and turns into an amazing result!

    ReplyDelete