Friday, April 23, 2021

floating stars finish

We had a Spring surprise this week...snow and 3-4 inches. It was so pretty. There were big fluffy flakes falling against a blue sky. And it accumulated through the night. Snow in April is much more fun than snow in January. We know it just won't last, and, we can just enjoy it.




I have a finish. The floating stars quilt is finished. It seemed to take forever to just add border and quilt and bind. Now that it is done, I think it will be a gift for a new Grandson coming in May.

finish the top of floating stars. This is my one monthly goal for April. 

It finishes at 42 x 54 and uses 6 1/2 yards of fabric. I started this quilt at a workshop with the crafty old broads from Fort Wayne Indiana in 2017. I didn't finish it back then, because, I couldn't decide about a border. Now, I just want it done. I had enough of the blue in the box for a border and binding. I can share this as part of PHD 2021 at quilting gail. It was also part of the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy for this year and the color of blue for April.





I'm linking to:

TGIFF different     here  and here




21 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt, very pretty. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! And ticks off three boxes, woo hoo! Blue is my favourite colour and stars my favourite block, so you know I'm loving this. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF, and btw your comment about the snow (we got it here too) gave me a new perspective as I was in a funk about it. My poor magnolia blossoms are toast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a gorgeous quilt. The yellow star makes the quilt shine even more! Congrats on your new finish, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for a new May grandson! Congrats on the finish!

    I'm glad we only had a few flurries although we could use the precipitation. We haven't had many April Showers or Snows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous finish, Maggie!! I think that will be a lovely gift for your new grandson on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A win win! A finish and in light blue! Really like the stripe backing! Perfect for a special boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect quilt for a special boy! Love the striped backing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty quilt and love the backing! Congrats on the finish and meeting your OMG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Floating Stars quilt. The Bright Yellow star is your expected grandson? Great snowy photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a beautiful finish. I like the yellow star!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pop of yellow really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Maggie! Gosh, this turned out great. I love the finish and that backing is just the perfect choice. Your new grandson-to-be will feel all the love you've sewn into it and will be wrapped in it. You can't ask for more than that. {{Hugs}} Great job. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt! Love the large yellow star surrounded by all the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great finish Maggie. That striped backing is wonderful! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Floating Stars, it will be a perfect gift for your new grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your floating star quilt is wonderful. Congrats on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete