Sunday, April 25, 2021

stash report April 25, 2021

I found two pieces of fabric at Goodwill this week. And, they look good together. I am always wondering what goes on in the mind of the person sending their fabric to goodwill. Do they not like it, was it leftover from a project, are they moving, quitting, or just downsizing? I try to keep my expected cost of goodwill fabric to 1.00 per yard. Their fabric prices are getting ridiculous for second hand fabric. I can only buy on Senior discount day. These 2 pieces were closer to 1.50 per yard, but, I liked them enough to make the exception.

3 yards


I had a finish last week here, and, can actually count fabric that is used and gone from my stash. yipee.


Stash report April 25, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 6 1/2 yards  floating stars

Fabric Used year to Date: 59 1/2 yards

Fabric Added this week: 3 yards  
Fabric Added Year to Date: 58 1/3 yards

net fabric: 1 1/4 yards used more than bought

I stitched at least 15 minutes every day this week. One day was mostly cutting and straightening. I am trying to make 2 easy breezy blocks every morning.

Last year at this time I did a review of my stash report    I am curious every April, apparently. I am a little behind this year.

I had used  98 yards of fabric in 2020 by April 26
I had used  100 yards of fabric by April 2019
I had used 100 yards of fabric by April 2018


I am done with one of the pumpkins of my Mr. Scarecrow rug hooking project.  I have one more pumpkin to do, then, I will start at the top again and work my way to the bottom.
I've gone to my rug hooking meeting 2 weeks in a row. It is really hard to restart a group setting after a year at home for the pandemic. But, it has motivated me again to hook.


middle pumpkin


I am linking to:










7 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin looks good! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin looks great! Welcome back to hook mode on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabrics, and great work on your rug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your qre certainly making great progress on your rug! Lovely! Oh my goodness, those fabrics are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new fabrics, pretty colors. Great progress on the rug hooking!
    Thanks for linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah for the finished pumpkin and even better in person meet ups. Hope this week was as productive!

    ReplyDelete