Saturday, April 3, 2021

waffling and blue

My blue scrap chunk basket is full, but, I have a 2 gallon zip lock bag of odds and ends and leftovers that I need to go through before I cut, hoping there is enough room in the basket for the new.

I had enough blue pieces already cut for the waffle stamp blocks. I did not need to cut anymore, so, I was able to get these sewn quickly for the start of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.




It looks like I really need red, and a little orange for this quilt, and, maybe purple. I think I want to start sewing a few blocks of four together with the colors I have. It might save me from throwing the blocks in a box at the end of the year.

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along

blue ufos

green ufos

Christmas sparkle

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here

 

I am linking to:

10 comments:

  1. I keep seeing waffles and being tempted. Such a fun block. Having groups of 4 is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got lots of pretty blues for those waffle blocks, Maggie! They're fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely variety of Bright and Light BLUE scraps for your RSC Waffle blocks, Maggie! What's next? I know there's more. :o))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart to sew into groups of 4. It makes things that much closer when it is time to sew it into a top.... and things that are bigger are harder to go missing =).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of blue waffle blocks, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty blue waffles! Great idea to sew them together in groups of 4... easier to corral them into a quilt top at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the waffle stammps! And happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have already made a lot of progress on your blue scraps. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya , I am making a similar block . I had no ideas it is called a waffle block! It is a real scrap buster isn't it.
    Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete