Tuesday, April 20, 2021

to do : cut shirts

I have been cutting recycled shirts again. I have a few quilts I am cutting, as I go through the shirts. After, those are cut, I am cutting the leftovers into useable sizes. The pile to the right on top is for a brick quilt. I need 70 some and I have 40 some. next going left, any stripes, I am cutting a 4 inch strip for a one block wonder... for someday. next left is 3 1/2 squares. a piece missing from another project,  all the way left is a size big enough to cut for ohio stars.


second row is for the sizes 3 1/2, 2 1/2 , 2, and 1 1/2. I have a quilt started that needs 1 1/2 inch strips for the sashing.
 
1 pound 5 ounces = 3 1/2 yards at 10.00 = 35.00

And, as always, a shirt seems small, until, I cut so many pieces from just one. Then, I realize I will never use all the shirts I have collected. I have these five shirts are for sale on etsy. If anyone is interested. 


so, I guess my real "to do" is to put all that I have cut away... somewhere.

I am linking to:



3 comments:

  1. What a job, but when it's done you are ready to make some lovely scrappy shirt quilts! They look so pretty just sitting there. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have cut shirts in the past. It's a great idea. Wish I could sneak in and clean out my husbands closet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your shirt cutting! Thanks for linking up with To-Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete