Monday, February 20, 2023

5 quilts feb 20, 2023

  last report February 3, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. My focus will be circa 1880 until it is quilted and bound. It is my one monthly goal for February.

1. circa 1880-  More about this here.  I added borders and it is ready to quilt. I made it my one monthy goal at elm street quilts to be sure I stick to it. quilting is done - it just needs binding

2.twisted braid - is ready for quilting I need to iron, piece backing, and prepare binding, but, not until circa is done


3. radiant star from 2012 - is ready to quilt but circa is first.

4. scrappy pinwheels. I opened the box and it appears to have pieces sewn for the parts of blocks


5. Kristals- I had a box full of bright colored fabric and the pattern. I didn't have anything cut.  The main kristals are sewn and I am ready to prepare the secondary kristals before I can make a block.


new 5. wool lady table runner. I need to open the box and see how far it is done before I can start on the finish

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

customer pause

radiant star

customer pause

twisted braid

1. wonderland table topper

customer pause

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

3. tokoyo subway

4. scrapbox chevron from 2013

5. wonky wishes 2017

checkered past

I am linking:

ubi

7 comments:

  1. The Twisted Braid is very pretty. Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,
    You have a great plan to get some UFOs over the finish line. Good job! Circa 1880 is my favorite, as I love all vintage looking quilts. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the look of Twisted Braid. Good for you to “stick with Circa 1880”! Sometimes that works for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Circa 1880 is simply gorgeous. Love Twisted Braid--those fabrics are so pretty! Radiant Star as I remember simply shimmers from your color choices. Wow that's one done, two more ready to quilt! You make such great progress with your system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maggie I do admire your resolve in sticking to your lisyt and goals. I think Circa 1880 and your Twisted Braid are lovely projects. Your Krystals is going to be a bright happy quilt. Good luck on this week's list. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that twisted braid! Good luck on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Circa 1880 is absolutely gorgeous Maggie! Kristals is going to be beautiful too! Thanks for liking up with Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete