Sunday, February 5, 2023

stash report 2/5/2023

I don't have new fabric this week. I have been cutting scraps. I cut 1 1/2 inch strips at the last, if I can't cut anything larger. There was 1 pound 2 ounces of scraps in this size. If there are 3 yards in a pound, I have a little over 1 yard.

1 1/2 inch strips

When I have chunks, I cut them into 5 inch, 3 1/2 inch, 2 1/2 in, 2 inch, and 1 1/2 inch squares. I also will cut rectangles into 2 x 3 1/2 inch and 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch. 

small pieces
And, cutting is very therapeutic.


Stash report February 5, 2023

fabric added: 6 yards
fabric added year to date: 19 1/2 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards 

fabric used year to date: 49 yards  

29 1/2 yards used more than bought 

I sewed 6 days last week.  including Friday sew. I was away from home, but, worked on my hexie quilt each day.

I dyed more wool for my rug and worked with a dark red wool to hook some more letters along the border of the rug.

yes


I am linking to:

15 min to stitch at life in pieces

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of scrap cutting! Your stash and stitching metrics are looking great. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice progress on your scraps and rug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great box full of squares and rectangles, ready do be stitched. Are you using them as Leaders and Enders?
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good idea to work on cutting scraps into usable sizes! I should be doing that, too, but have been too lazy, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to cut my scraps similarly, but I never know what sizes I may need. I don't consistently use the same sizes in my minimal quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find working with fabric to be therapeutic as well--whether that's cutting, pressing, or simply petting. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cutting scraps takes a lot of time. Good job getting so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete