Wednesday, February 8, 2023

zipper twosies

All my zipper blocks are in sets of  2.  I wondered how to evenly distribute the colors and make it random. I had made the blocks using the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. Each month, I took the color of the month scrap bag, and, cut out the block, and sewed them.

I decided to sew them into twosies. I took all the pinks and sewed each one to R-O-Y-G-B-I-V. Then I took red and did the same, and so on. I am sure in the end there will still be ugly combos and fabrics too close to each other, but, at least, I had a plan to follow.


On our mini vacation, I had a visit to a real quilt store- here is what caught my eye. I was in search of superior thread for my longarm. 3 stores and no one had it. sigh.. No idea why I decided to take pictures of these. Probably thinking - I have this stuff, too, so, I could make it. Oh, and, I didn't buy anything.

3 inch churndash

die cut alpha

wool applique

3/4 inch hexies

1 comment:

  1. What a fun shopping day you had! With a plan, you'll get those zipper blocks sewn together quickly! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete