Saturday, January 28, 2023

stars in blue

 My last blue project for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy is Lucky star. I bought a layer cake of batiks last fall to use for bright colored stars. 




Two pieces of layer cake made 4 stars with some scraps leftover.

I also cut qsts for box kite borders which is an older UFO.


I never make a dent in the blue scrap bins, but, I am excited for a new color next month. I did not bring home any free fabric from the quilt guild free table, And I took 12 yards from my stash to the table. I have had a missourri star addiction last year, and, I haven't seen much of anything this month, that I had to have. Maybe, I can see the scraps and/ or stash dwindling this year.

I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. Luv your blues! I started a star quilt in red last year that I need to pull out & finish, happy sewing,luv to see yours when they're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn’t it hard to resist beautiful fabric purchasing? And then… to actually (gasp!) CUT into it? Your blue stars are wonderful, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are putting your batik collection to great use. Your stars are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty blue blocks, love the stars. I'm on strict fabric diet this year, which means buying fabric, thread, batting if needed for finishes. Been a good girl so far this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such fun to see all the blue projects in the blog-linkup thumbnails. What size are these stars?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to resist temptation, but you're doing it! Kudos to you. Love these blue stars. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stars and border cuts. You are good at resisting temptation. I haven't bought any fabric until today when I bought things I needed for embroidery ... all the way in Australia! But they had what I needed, so I did it. That's only a yard, so I'm still happy with my resistance. LOL I started pink blocks yesterday!

    ReplyDelete