Friday, January 6, 2023

5 quilts progress report January 2023

 last report 5 quilts December 12 , 2022

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. My focus will be dotty bow ties until it is a complete finish. Sea swept is my one monthly goal for January. SO, hopefully, I will have 2 finishes this month.

1. Boho heart - finished


2. dotty bow ties-  is a top. I am ready to make a backing and prepare the binding. Then, it is ready to be quilted


3. circa 1880-  More about this here.  It is time to lay it out again and see what I need to do to the edges


4. sea swept - needs quilting and binding omg january 2023


5. twisted braid - unknown what it needs yet. It will be my portable project for group sews.

new number 5. radiant star from 2012

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

customer pause

1. wonderland table topper

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

customer pause

3. tokoyo subway

4. scrapbox chevron from 2013

5. wonky wishes 2017


I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. All lovely quilts. You must be a master at piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't finish what was on my list last year, so I should probably try your approach--work on one til it's done and get it off the UFO list once and for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sea Swept really caught my eye. Love the alternating blocks and how they cause you to imaging a churning ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boho heart turned out a gorgeous finished, looking forward for seeing the beauty Sea swept out from the UFO's list

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Boho Heart quilt is gorgeous! All your other WIPS are beautiful, too, especially Dotty Bow Ties, which looks so cheerful. Have fun working on them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great plan - these quilts are all so lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely quilts to work on! I loved seeing you make a little progress on each one every week but maybe by concentrating on one you'll see more finishes and that's awesome! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete