Saturday, September 24, 2022

hunters star

 I used all the blue colors for hunter's star earlier this year for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. SO, I am using this month of light blue to start sewing blocks together for my hunter's star. I used an accuquilt die to cut the pieces, and, I sewed the half blocks together during the month according to color of the month. If I had made this before, I would have realized that I needed to press the pieces differently to get a good nesting of the seams.  I am taking the light piece by color and sewing it to a different dark color. If I am doing blue, I sew to a pink, red, orange, yellow, green, purple, turquoise. Then, I use a red and go through the colors again and so on.

so pretty

It's a matching game LOL

I am surprised how well the pansies have done this year. I usually kill them off by the end of June. We started these from seed in our basement, maybe, that is the difference. And, I have been harvesting and drying the flowers for soaps, and creams. Maybe, keeping the blooms cut off has let it keep going. Now, I will wait for it to make more seeds for next year.


I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Love how you made the RSC your own. Rules are made to be challenged, stretched and sometimes ignored completely. Then you set own rules and procedures. Should be interesting to see how all these hunter's star block units come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just looking at a Hunter's Star that had all the colors mixed together - yours will be so pretty! Deciding how to press the seams throughout the year so they nest at the end is a challenge for me, too. Pretty pansies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am eager to see this scrappy Hunter's Star, because I'd had that idea also. My pansies are also still blooming although very raggedly- I think the weather here in SE Michigan has something to do with it. They usually are long gone by end of June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilter's assembly line work on your RSC blocks!!! And great job on the pansies, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to watching your Hunter Star project come together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt will be amazing when it is finished. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your rainbow Hunter's Star. Good for you making the "blue" month your own. That's part of the challenge, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made a Hunter's Star using the Accuquilt dies too! Sure makes it easier. What a lovely scrappy quilt yours will be. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete