Sunday, September 4, 2022

stash report: September 4, 2022

I have been cutting a bag of scraps in an effort to not buy any new fabric. The idea is that if I see how much I have of just the little stuff, then, I will see I don't need any new fabric to be happy. I can't say it has worked.

1 1/2 inch strips

It seems I have used a lot of 1 1/2 inch strips lately. And, it is my least favorite home cut. So, I bought a few honey buns at a really good sale price. Sashings will be simpler with these. And, there can be 4 patches and 9 patches galore. And, hey, they don't take up much room.

Stash report  September 4, 2022


fabric added: 9.6 yards
fabric added year to date: 90 yards 

fabric used: 0 yards  I am close to a finish

fabric used year to date: 170 3/4 yards  

80.75 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 5 days last week. 

I have a little more done on my witch rug which I started here in March. I wanted to hook the cat and that was all I have added lately.



I am linking to:




15 min to stitch at life in pieces


4 comments:

  1. Your rug is looking good. I hope you find enough scraps to work with. I am always amazed by your yardage numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lover love that witch rug as you know. Also I thin it was smart to buy the honey buns and save you both with and misery since you so not enjoy cutting that size. And get as you say they do not take up room. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new addition to your stash! It doesn't count if you plan to use it soon ;)) Your rug is going nicely, fun witch socks!
    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neutrals are never a bad choice. They always get used.

    ReplyDelete