Saturday, September 17, 2022

blossom time

I am using leftover strips from my maple leaves quilt for the new light blue blossoms for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I made more stems and leaves and 4 patches. I think I will need to carry this project over to next year, to get all the blocks I will need.


We have seen our weather turn cooler, and, then, return to hot. Most of the garden is sputtering. I still have a few blossoms around the house. Nasturtiums are still blooming. Petunias and pansies are still blooming. Our old old apple trees are dropping apples. Hubby picks them up and cuts the bad spots out and they are a lot of work, but they are the best tasting apples. The squirrels are racing us for them.

7 comments:

  1. looking good! it's fun to use fabric from one project to another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your light blue blossom blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these tulip blocks for 2 years of RSC sewing and finally got the quilt top made this summer. I just picked it up from the quilter about a week ago. Now to get it bound. I love these tulip blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blossom blocks are pretty. So fresh and light!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing those blossom blocks all come together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your light blue blocks are very pretty. Are you making 8 blocks for each RSC color?
    I hope you will win the race against squirrels ;))
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet blocks! Love the light blues you've chosen. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete