Monday, September 5, 2022

5 quilts: September 4, 2022

 5 quilts last report August 22, 2022

1. Rainbow scrap challenge- light blue

I needed one more candy block to have all the blocks done for this years project. All the colors are done. I decided on a chocolate candy. I am just going to sew them in rows for a fun charity quilt.


2. rhododendren mystery - hunter - I am working on a row with a set of 4

3. Boho heart -I have the next line of 3 blocks made for section 2


4. maple leaves - this one is ready for the "to be quilted" closet. 

It is time for a new project to take it's place. When the new quiltville leader/ ender challenge was announced, I decided to work on my previous starts of leader/ender challenges instead ( so far). I could go back to the very first one and find it as an UFO. Bonnie did cheddar bow ties,  I started dotty bow ties. I didn't need many to make my goal, so, the blocks are all ready. I just need to decide on a layout and start assembly. 


5. fair and square - the top is finished. I just need a back and binding before sending it to the pile of unquilted tops.

New 5. I have decided on a UFO that was part of a swap with quilty friends. circa 1880 I have a few rows already done and I realize that I don't have enough of the original backing that I bought for the quilt, so, I had to work that out in my head. I think I can begin again. The last time I worked on this was in 2020.


MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. EPP green - need back and binding - ironed - frame - quilted - needs binding

customer quilt time pause - linda

2. lotus flower? I don't remember this -my notes say it is in the upstairs closet - I have decided not to quilt this one. I may just ask at guild if anyone would like this.

customer quilt time pause

3. blue ridge beauty - 

4. scrappy twirl

5. ugly I spy

I am linking:

7 comments:

  1. Love your block choices! They will all be fun to see come together. I especially love those bow ties - a favorite of mine for scrappy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your candy blocks!! I need to make me some of them! Do you have a pattern you follow? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and forgot to say - Thanks for joining in on Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. so may beautiful projects.Those candy blocks are super sweet and that last project is gorgeous, fair and square is a winner!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love the dotty bows. :) Thanks for joining the Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the nine-patches on the circa 1880 - such a pretty start you have. Those candy blocks are darling!
    Thank you for sharing with us at To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how organized you keep your wips! No wonder you get so much done. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete