Monday, September 19, 2022

circa rows

I had a wonderful sew day with my quilt guild. We met at the library and had a pitch in lunch - yummy

I worked on three projects. I have started making blocks for dotty bow ties ( I need 80), And, I added the third row to rhododendron mystery quilt. Then, I could settle in, and sew triangles to squares until I was too tired to go any further.




I made 2 more rows  and sewed them to the top. I didn't get a picture after I sewed them together circa 1880 was a swap I participated in with my quilty friends.

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love c.1880. I made a Puss in the Corner on point in the past but didn't stagger the rows like it appears you are doing.. I like the staggered look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day with the quilt guild paid off.
    Circa 1880 blocks are looking great together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! A quilt guild sew day sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do love this one! How big are those squares? I made a few of these in baby quilts a couple years ago but it would make such a nice big scrappy throw or bed quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Circa 1880 blocks set this way. But what a project. Diagonals alway give me a bit of a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love circa1880! I'm a sucker for those fabrics. Is a "pitch in lunch" the same as "potluck"? Whatever it is, it sounds like fun. :) Thank you for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maggie! From the little thumbnail on Linda's linky party this looked like a chandelier quilt. I am always intrigued by them and have wanted to make one! Circa 1880 is a lovely quilt - NOT chandelier - and you have made a lot of progress on it. I hope you are doing well. Having a guild sew day sounds like a lot of fun and you made it productive, too. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this so much! The fabrics and design of circa 1880 are simply charming! Can't wait to see the final quilt. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, so pretty! I love having blocks on point, they give it a totally different look! Thanks for linking up with Monday This and That! xx

    ReplyDelete