Friday, September 30, 2022

finally a finish

I finished the binding on my EPP diamond quilt. And I can call it finished. It has been a few months since I have had a finish. Meanwhile, I haven't stopped sewing, and, the tops are still piling up in the closet. I need to move a long.

This was my very first English Paper Piecing. I started ( 2009)  with this quilt I needed a hand project for an airplane trip to Utah to see my daughter. I was sure I didn't want to do hexagons ( what did I know?) And this seemed simple enough to be a starter project. I hooked Katie on paper piecing, but, she went to hexagons, and, then, so did I. I have participated in swaps over the years and I still have a big project that I am slowly working on in the evenings.....sometimes.




I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Your star quilt is beautiful! EPP is definitely a slow project but they always turn out so lovely. I have a grandmother's flower garden quilt that is hanging in my dining room. Of all the quilts I've made, this one is the one I'm most proud of because it is hand pieced. It did take me 8 years to make but that's ok, she was worth it. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely quilt! Wow for your first EPP it's impressive. Love the scrappy colors. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete