Monday, February 28, 2022

5 quilts february 28, 2022

 My 5 quilts progress report. I tried to not do this EVERY week (boring) but, it has worked to keep me focused. And, I miss it. I find I have been a little haphazard without it. I thought I would do it every month, but, I think I need to go back to every week to help me.

1.rainbow scrap challenge - color aqua/teal - boho heart. I worked on the blue/aqua blocks I needed for boho heart. 



2. 
full stop quilt that Angela is doing for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.- I made the last row that I am adding letters to the punctuation. I didn't have a place large enough to show the whole row. Now I can lay it out at a sewing day and start evening the rows.


left
right

3. rhododendren mystery - hunter -   My big stumbling block was deciding if I wanted to just cut the bonus blocks from the last units, or, sew them as hsts before cutting. It took a little time to decide. But, I couldn't move on until 
I did. I decided to sew and then, cut.



I made one block and realized I have to match the squares to the angled pieces - argh

4.I am trying to find the 5th ufo quilt to add to the list. I used a random number generator, and, it was my maypole blocks.  I used it again and it was my 5 star blocks - - Someone gave these to me a long time ago. So, they have been a ufo for a long time. I thought I would make additional blocks since there is a yard of the background fabric, and, make a small donation quilt, but, no. I think I will just put them in the orphan block box and deal with them when I want to make an orphan block quilt. We will try choosing again.




5. use a jelly roll - The top is finished and I am making the back and binding and adding it to the "to be quilted" pile.

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet

1. row rainbow rsc -finished

2. gray baby flannel -finished

3. Pineapple blossom - hunter -need to find it -I found it -I am not going to quilt it yet, so I am moving it to the bottom of the list, if ever

4. Christmas sparkle- on the frame

5. shine

6. bricks in the barnyard

7. tiger, tiger

8. EPP green

I am linking:

1 comment:

  1. The boho heart blocks are really pretty. Love the colors on your rhododendron mystery blocks. And I RALLY like that flying geese within the star block - what is that pattern?
    Thanks for linking up with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete