Friday, February 25, 2022

jelly roll top

Happy Birthday to my oldest - such a blessing. I have no idea how he could be getting soooo old.

My last try at dart, and I was so close, I came home and finished the top. I need to decide about borders. The pattern doesn't have any, but, I am old school enough to think I need one on every quilt. So it is an inner fight.



For a simple jelly roll quilt, I had to scratch my head a few times.
As a reward, I made treats - double chocolate sourdough muffins - yum


If I make treats for every finish, like sewing a seam. I could be hundreds of pounds heavier in no time.

I am linking to:


10 comments:

  1. Those muffins look so good! Your quilt looks great too, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmy gosh - you made me laugh today!! but those treats look yummy!
    That quilt is really cool - it has such a modern feel to it, and I think no borders is the way to go on this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, Maggie (and that treat was totally justified!!) Off to see if I can find a recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really neat design! And those muffins look yummy, too. I do think you deserved a treat for that quilt top finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the same way with borders. That's part of why I had to change the Rhododendron Trail Mystery Quilt. It just didn't look right to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your quilt just the way it is. I like that design. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool jelly roll top! I have a hard time not adding a border too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice way to treat yourself after a lovely finish! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's perfect with no borders, but YOU have to love it. You deserve those muffins!

    ReplyDelete