Monday, February 14, 2022

a jelly roll quilt

Happy valentine's day - I hope you have chocolate in your future.

My jelly roll project for January was to make a quilt from Jordan fabrics called dart -a free pattern.. I used an old moda jelly roll called bistro. I liked the colors and wanted to remove it from my stash. There was a garage sale sticker on it, so I must have found it thrifting. I don't remember it at all.


It didn't take long to cut the pieces.


does this look like a whole quilt?

This first steps were easy and all the same. I was able to lay it out at the library and decide the color sequence. But, then, there was covid and I didn't finish it for January.

Time to focus a bit on this quilt and move it along. I am taking it with me as a portable project anytime I am sewing away from home. I have a group sew tomorrow. I can use the time to work on it.

I am linking:

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty colors. Hope you get it moved forward this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty fabrics; I look forward to seeing this progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a project that is very portable - I just am very leery of being around people. Hopefully later in the year I can see about going to my new local quilt shop, I've only been once since they opened.
    I do like Jordan Fabrics quilts.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you are on your way to another great finish’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Awesome colors for your quilt. I have a little bag I keep a project in....it's just for times I'm away from home. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Bistro - sweet! I hope you are recovered and have your strength back.
    Thank you for linking up with To Do Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete