Thursday, July 1, 2021

falling charms quilt

 I thought I would share a few thoughts about borders, and the top I just finished. Borders used to be my kryptonite. I could procrastinate forever adding the borders. Someone, I forget who, shared using the longarm frame to measure borders with the quilt. I hang it over the outer bar and lay the borders on top, making sure I smooth it and not stretch it. My undying gratitude to whomever mentioned that tip. It was especially important during my back issues.

I had to turn a couple squares to get it right

I like to find the middle of both the borders and the quilt and pin there. I will pin the end of the border once I reach the middle. otherwise, I don't pin. I use my hand to hold things in place. And I run my machine at full speed once I have everything measured and anchored. Now, I like doing borders and can get them done with very little effort.



you can read about the fabric and kit and start of the quilt here.

And now, it will live for awhile with it's friends in the "to be quilted" closet.

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

8 comments:

  1. The red border looks great on this quilt, very nice frame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of charm squares for a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, on the black background and the red border!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some really fun fabrics in that quilt. Congrats on getting the borders on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That border really makes this quilt - it just brings out all of the color! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this quilt! The border looks great, really compliments the colors in the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to make that pattern. Yours turned out SEW pretty, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabrics, and for such a good cause! Your border looks perfect. I've had trouble with borders too, I hope I'm finally overcoming it.

    ReplyDelete