Friday, July 23, 2021

wonky stars

 Last year I made tiny wonky stars along with the color for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I had no idea what I was going to do with them. I just knew they were cute and fun. And, when I made the roofs for tiny houses, I had 2 little triangles left from trimming that needed a purpose. I made 60 0f them, but that isn't enough for anything.


Well, as I was trying to figure out how to lengthen my ode to Joey quilt, I realized I could use them to make a border or two. How fun is that? When I divided the width by the size of the blocks, it came out even, Now, I am sewing them into borders.


I am linking to:

rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy

TGIFF different     here  and here

9 comments:

  1. What a great border, and the measurement came out perfect too! This was meant to be, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use up those RSC blocks. I look forward to seeing the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, they will make beautiful borders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like it was meant to be! love those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonky stars are definitely cute and fun - they'll make a great border!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? Great idea for a border!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea, love them. I see a lot of these in my future as my bin of small triangles is overflowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m partial to wonky stars! Yours are so cute! Anxious to see Ode To Joey!

    ReplyDelete