Friday, July 9, 2021

quilt waffles

We have felt the aftermath of the tropical storm elsa here in Indiana. Lots of rain and mild winds hit yesterday, and, it looks like more rain today. The garden is happy, the gardener not so much.

coreopsis -good for disinfection and metabolic disorders and it is pretty

It is always a pleasure when the quilt is off the floor at the longarm. I am making progress on aunt eliza's star. It is a big quilt. I am doing swirls, nothing fancy.


I have a few waffle blocks left to make. I need to make more pieced rows for the centers.

odd colors that were not part of the rainbow scrap challenge

I can make sets of 4 blocks until I cut and make more centers. They are like potato chips, you can't stop at one.

6 comments:

  1. I can’t wait to see how those waffle blocks look all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't waffle stamps fun to make? The "ingredients" are right at hand. We are still in "extreme drought" -- Elsa didn't get this far north. Nor did the torrential rains a couple of weeks ago that soaked Cook County. Congratulations on your nearly-finished star quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I know that feeling when the quilt is off the floor and the end is in sight. Like light at the end of the tunnel! Your waffle blocks are looking great, too. So cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rain here too. I started coreopsis (aka tickseed) this year for the native Iowa wildflower area. It probably won't bloom until next year.

    Love all those colorful waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like waffles - that will be a cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these blocks, I have a couple baskets of scraps that need cleaned up with no idea what to do. That feeling is wonderful when the quilt is off the floor. Thank you for linking up last week.

    ReplyDelete