Wednesday, July 21, 2021

crayon quilt

 It's time to pull out the crayon quilt I have ready for borders. I worked on it until december 2019 and I had everything ready to do for borders. I needed to add the white inner borders first. Before I could add the outer borders.



I made the crayons as part of the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy in 2019 from 2 1/2 inch strips and scraps.
Once the inner borders were done, I could start adding the outer borders. I have just the top border sewn. Since I don't have a pattern for the borders, I have to try what I want with trial and error. But, I am excited to see this move forward. Now I am thinking I will need another white border above the words.

9 comments:

  1. Very cute! What a great project to pull out and finish. Can't wait to see the whole top. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! Isn't it great to work on an old UFO? Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun border idea! RSC quilts are some of my most favorite, but for some reason seem to be the hardest to get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. excited to see what you do...crayons are one of my RSC2021 blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. excited to see what you do! Crayons are one of my RSC2021 blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT's great to see progress being made on a (slightly) older project. Hope the border comes together easily for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great plan for a RSC quilt! I look forward to seeing a finished top!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is fun to see this project again Maggie. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete