Wednesday, July 28, 2021

go fish

 Time to play with the new leader/ ender from quiltville - fish school. I have some cut, so I have been experimenting with how to use them as a leader/ender. Once the HSTS are sewn, I like to sew both the top row and the bottom row as a unit. And then, I can sew the two rows together at the beginning or ending of a row.



I know there are several ways to lay out the blocks, but, I am not sure what I will do yet. They are enjoyable to make. I am using 2 1/2 inch hsts and blocks, just to use some scraps in that size. I feel like I am behind on my regular projects so of course, it is time to play. Hubby is having hip replacement surgery and I really can't concentrate on anything right now. I printed an irish courthouse pattern to study. I seem reluctant to pick a color combo which may mean it is meant to be scrappy. That pattern will use 1 1/2 inch strips.


I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. No need to focus on projects when you have husband who needs your attention right now. Picking a leader/ender that's enjoyable seems the perfect solution! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and scrappy Go Fish blocks. It's hard to concentrate when someone has to have surgery. Fingers crossed that all goes well for Your Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Go Fish blocks are coming along nicely. I think I'm going to use 2-1/2 inch also. Hope all goes well for your hubby and wishing him a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And P.S. - I really hope your husband's surgery went well and that recovery is on its way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fish School or Go Fish, whatever it's called, I love this new Leader/Ender idea! There is a soft spot in my heart for scrappy HST quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Go Fish are great! I haven't started; but, I'm thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fish blocks are so cute, and very tempting! Hope your husband is doing well. It is definitely hard to concentrate when things like that are going on!

    ReplyDelete