Monday, March 27, 2017

quilting and swirling



I pieced the back and prepared the binding for my Fancy Forest quilt.

And I put it on the longarm frame. I was not sure if I wanted to use gray or cream thread. or what pattern I would use to quilt it. I decided on gray thread and a swirl design. The fabrics were busy enough, I didn't want to get too complicated. It's a pantograph called Primrose swirl, and I love it.
I was afraid I wouldn't like the gray thread in all the light areas, but I think it is working.

I was worried I wouldn't like the swirls in the faces, especially the eyes but so far so good.


Such fun when the quilt leaves the floor..  just keep swirling, swirling, swirling.....


I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
Main Crush Monday

7 comments:

  1. The swirls look great with your quilt. It's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am using grey thread more often and really like the outcome. It sure works for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have the owls and thistles to finish for my top to be done, well and then theres the sashing and putting it together LOL. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a wonderful version of this quilt. Love the dots and the swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see this one finished. I love the polka dots! The quilting design looks great--so pretty but doesn't distract from the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the grey looks great with the figures. I didn't really like this pattern when I saw it in a drawing, but your quilt looks great! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking good! You'll be done in no time.

    ReplyDelete