Wednesday, March 8, 2017

This and that

I worked on my purple hour glass blocks for the leader/ender challenge. I need to make 168 so I can swap with 2 others.
I made 7 pink maple leaf blocks for the Rainbow scrap challenge


And I cut black wool for my rug hooking project. I want to start hooking the background.


I am using a size 5 cut. One of my favorite rug hooking friends ( she has passed away) used to use a size 5 cut of wool in all her projects. When asked why, she would say she didn't know how to change the blade in her cutter. She was so fun, and I still miss her. Maybe from her influence, it is my favorite cut as well. It covers well and still is small enough to fit in tighter spaces and details. I am definitely not a fan of size 8 or above, although many of my friends use them more often.


I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

5 comments:

  1. thanks so much for linking up!

    your blocks are great...
    sorry for your loss...sounds like you have some wonderful memories!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy! Do we get to see the finished quilts? Thanks for sharing your work today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Do show us the finished quilts. Thanks for sharing your work today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pink leaves, very pretty. Happy stitching this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you doing a layout similar to Bonnie's with your hourglasses? You definitely have a lot more than I do!

    ReplyDelete