Thursday, March 23, 2017

Irish Chain

My small quilt group met this week, and I needed a quick grab project to take with me. Everything I am working on at home is not portable. After a brief scan through my project boxes, I found this oldie but goodie. I started this quilt in 2012 at a workshop
from this book by Atkinson Designs

It took a little while to reacquaint myself with the instructions and count the pieces, then I worked at piecing 64 of these sections. The nine patches were already done and the side pieces were already subcut into trios. My featherweight made short work of them.

I love 30s fabrics. They are happy prints and cheerful colors. I can see why quilters of that era chose to reenergize quilting.
I have another Irish Chain in my inspiration trello board in the "maybe someday"  category.
This is found on messy Jessie quilt blog here. I suppose I had better wait to start another one until after this one is actually finished. LOL

I am linking to:
needle and thread thursdays
oh scrap
and ems scrap bag

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty fabrics. Good luck on finishing off another UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the pattern and the fabrics! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete