Wednesday, March 15, 2017

acrylic toys and quilts

It seems my interests have drifted more to applique than I ever expected. I found these acrylic helpers at the Gathering. One of the vendors had no melt template plastic. My understanding is that the iron still needs to be turned down to medium. But I have some pieces that I want to try on my Happy Birds quilt.


There was a small display of quilts at the gathering. These were my favorites. I loved the machine stitching on this one.
I photographed this one because Bonnie Hunter is hinting that we might do a rail fence for next year's leader/ ender challenge. I didn't think I was interested, until I saw this one. It was more the size, 1 1/2 in strips that I liked. And I wondered if I could have my quilting guild members sign one of the rails.


And this one was intriguing to me. It was a plain old jelly roll race quilt, but the quilting really made it more, much more.



This quilt is beautiful, and I have one finished except for quilting. This one was quilted in a crosshatch design, and I thought it overpowered the embroidery, so I don't want this quilting on mine, although it is still a great quilt.

This was an old quilt that was amazing.
We have had some snow, probably more in the last week than all winter - talk about March Madness.

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Silly Mama WIP

5 comments:

  1. I love the old quilt, the squares looks like a half an inch finished! Did you take any more photos of this quilt? It is fun to look at these old quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your tools and projects!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had some fabulous eye candy to see at the gathering - lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some amazing quilts. The quilting on that race quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed the quilt display also. I have been thinking about making a rail fence quilt to use up older fabric. I was surprised when Bonnie said that might be a possibility for a leader/ender quilt.

    ReplyDelete