Monday, December 12, 2022

5 quilts December 12, 2022

 last report 5 quilts November 16 , 2022

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another.

1. rhododendren mystery - Bonnie hunter - 

finished 12/22

2. Boho heart - it is quilted waiting on binding

3. dotty bow ties-  all the blocks are done and first sashing on them

4. circa 1880-  More about this here.  no progress

5 - frolic mystery - back and binding - re-ironed - frame  finished  11/22

Making a 5 quilts report has been good for staying on track and finishing, but, I am bored with how long it takes to finish, and, I can't find stuff and keep it straight anymore.  I have a few concerns.

maybe one at a time would be better? but would I get any others done?

I decided to keep the list, but, work on one at a time.

Rhododendron was my first experiment. I finished it in 8 days including quilting. That was great and helped with motivation. And as long as I had a list item per day. I wasn't bored. 

take Rhododendron  16 steps -I finished Rhododendron in 8 days which is impressive for me sticking to the plan

day 1: friday

cut inner border done

sew inner border done

day 2: saturday

make odd border pieces done

piece border done

day 3:sunday

attach border done

iron done

back done

prepare binding done

day 4: monday

on frame done

baste done

day 5, 6: wednesday 

quilt done

 day 7:thursday 

trim done

attach binding  done

day 8: friday

sew binding done

photo done

 blog done

Second quilt experiment has been Boho heart. I had it quilted and ready to bind in 14 days - very pleased. 

1. boho heart - needs binding

2. dotty bow ties - time to assemble

3.  circa 1880-  More about this here. 

4. sea swept - needs quilting and binding

5. twisted braid - unknown what it needs yet.

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

customer quilt time pause finished

customer quilt time pause finished

1. sea swept

customer quilt time pause

2. wonky courthouse steps 2

customer quilt time pause

3. wonderland table topper

4.wonky courthouse steps

5. tokoyo subway

new 5. scrapbox chevron from 2013

I opened another old 16 quart box of scraps, that I am working on eliminating - such fun. But, I can't let that distract me from what I want to get done with Boho, etc... too much

I am linking:

5 comments:

  1. 5 projects at a time actually seems like a good approach. That is what I have started doing, and I try to include at least one or two quilts that are close to completion, and the rest where I’m still making blocks. I try to make a few blocks from each project most days so I feel like I’m still moving forward. I have tried to work on one project to completion, and I just get too tired of one thing. Sue at northwindsquilting

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 projects at a time actually seems like a good approach. That is what I have started doing, and I try to include at least one or two quilts that are close to completion, and the rest where I’m still making blocks. I try to make a few blocks from each project most days so I feel like I’m still moving forward. I have tried to work on one project to completion, and I just get too tired of one thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just took a look at your mystery quilt gallery -- what a wonderful array! Do you wait until all the clues are published and then begin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Five quilts at a time are a lot, maybe try two at a time. When you get bored with the one, you can work on the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea to just work on five or fewer at a time. I tend to work on three, and any squirrels that run across my path, so it is really five. There are some days that a certain project calls me to work on it, and other days where it is on the back burner temporarily. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete