Friday, December 9, 2022

Mystery quilt finish

This quiltville mystery quilt has had it's share of mystery. I lost the blocks for Rhododendron mystery quilt after they were all made. Luckily, with a little sleuthing, they were found, and I decided to add this quilt to my 5 quilts goals. In November, the top was ready for borders, but, the corner pieces were missing. It was ready for quilting by Thanksgiving. I made this my December one monthly goal. If I wanted to make the new mystery - Chilhowie, I needed to finish this one.

90 x106

25 yards

I pieced a pink and floral backing and used the sashing fabric for the binding. I quilted free motion swirls on my longarm. I still have grassy creek to finish to be current with the mystery quilts. All my quiltville mystery quilts are here.

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! So, you are starting the new mystery? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I’m so glad you found those blocks.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! How funny that pieces went missing twice! I'm glad your found them and got it finished up. Happy stitching on the new mystery quilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out! Beautiful. And of course, you need to do Chilhowie! I save down all the instructions every time she posts a mystery so I have a folder full of them, but have yet to make one! I'm always inspired to start one when I see yours. Then I think about all the WIP's here & decide not to. But one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours turned out nice. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A double mystery!! glad you found the blocks and could get it done!!!

    ReplyDelete