Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Ufo decisions

I was looking at my UFO list in an attempt to just delete some. I thought I could give them away and/ or find someone who might want to finish them. My list included one called 16 patch. I didn't remember it, so, I dug it out of the closet.

It was just coordinating scraps in strips, mostly. There was enough to make 20 -16 patch blocks. I decided I would not make this. I have plenty of other ufo projects to last a lifetime. I have to be ruthless, and start reducing the herd.

I decided to take it to guild and put it on the free table. But, to the matchy matchy quilter, these were just "scraps". I thought I could cut them first to make them more appealing, and I did. But, I had a feeling no one would want my poor scraps. sigh... I decided to make one block to show what potential was there. And, then..... that was fun, and, then,..... I started making blocks and more blocks.  now what?

and then there were 4

I  am linking to:

9 comments:

  1. Haha, it definitely looks like you need to keep going. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Trying to be ruthless doesn't always work out! Try using the 16ps as the centers of larger blocks. Or alternate them with other blocks in those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like reading a mystery novel...will you continue with the 16-patches... I adore the color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first batch of blocks look great! I love the colors together. I say keep going. They should go together quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors! This will make a great quilt and if you end up giving it away you've shown the beauty of this project. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are looking delightful, keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's how so many scrappy projects get started! (Ask me how I know...) Pretty colors - it will be fun to see what they turn into!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nann stole my idea. Use these blocks to create a checkerbox center and then add something like star blocks. I love the colors too. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete