Wednesday, April 6, 2022

maple leaf block

I have 5 quilts that I concentrate on making progress, but, I had an open sew last month, and, I felt like I needed something more to work on for the whole day. I grabbed this old UFO box and took it with me. The older I get, the more every UFO box is a mystery. I counted the blocks, ironed the sashing fabric, did the math, and cut the strips I would need for this quilt. I plan on using this as my portable project to take when I am away sewing. Otherwise, the sashing will be a little tedious.

6 1/2 in squares

I will subcut the sashing into 2 in strips on the accuquilt

I started with a jelly roll a few years ago.....


I  am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Those are pretty maple leaves! I think sewing sashing is a little tedious, too, so sewing it while with friends sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty leaf blocks! Thanks for sharing them on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun traveling project to stitch on. I really like those scrappy leaf blocks.

    ReplyDelete