Sunday, April 3, 2022

stash report April 3, 2022

I had a Friday group sew, and, I didn't have a project ready, so, I grabbed a scrap bag and my stripology ruler, and, I started cutting. I always have questions from others about my scrappy cutting and using. It seems a mystery to them. How do I store? how do I use? how do I make all those different colors go together? etc. One of my best quilting buddies saves scraps, too, but, in squares, not strips. I would prefer strips, and, I would be happy to cut them into squares when I need them. Otherwise, I am the happy recipient of scraps from those who don't want to figure all that out. Most of my guild is new fabric and matchy matchy quilters. I am too frugal - thanks to my Dad.

always fun to open a new bag of treasures

2 1/2 - 3 1/2 
2 1/2 sq - 3 1/2 sq and a pile of strings/crumbs
I also cut 2 x 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 x 4 1/2

5 - 1 1/2- 2 - 2 1/2- and a pile of triangular pieces

Stash report  April 3, 2022

fabric added: 0 yards 

fabric added year to date: 26.75 yards

fabric used: 0 yards 

fabric used year to date: 116 yards 

89.25 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 4 days last week. 

I started the background for my friendsheep rug.  I drew some clouds and I decided on green grass under the sheep. I had a small piece of this Spring green wool that I could use. I dyed some wool for the blue sky and did not like it, so I will have to try again.



I am linking to:


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your friendsheep rug. The sheep are so colorful. Scrappers unite! I got frugal from my parents too! I passed it on to one my kids, every so often, they can't help themselves and find a great deal. One even has the habit of always asking for a discount , since he says, " You never know!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rug is looking very good. I like to save my scraps too. I find a variety of different uses for them. I keep small amounts of yarn also and make scrappy afghans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just some thing about scrappy quilts, especially RSC quilts that makes all the scrap management worth it. You are definitely a master at that. Looking forward to seeing your lamb rug all completed, it's really fun. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good thing your friends do not use scraps, it makes more for you! Pretty blue fabrics. Your sheeps look lovely on the grass.
    Thank youfor sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rug looks good! Dyeing is always a lot of trial and error.

    ReplyDelete