Saturday, August 3, 2019

pink letters

I made pink letters for my quote quilt.



 And while I was sorting through the pink, I found the remnants of another quilt. I wonder what to do with so many extra pieces. Do I use it as a starting point for another pink quilt, or split the pieces up into their parts.? What would you do?


It's also a new month and the new rainbow color is bright/ light blue. And time to make a new goal for August. I know it is best to keep my goals easier this month as I try to find a new normal following surgery. I want to find and plan my way to an on ringo lake mystery quilt finish. For August, I will be happy to have a finished top. I plan to finish garden party blocks and hopefully start the chaining blocks for that quilt.

I am linking to:
rsc19 super saturday

9 comments:

  1. It will be fun to see how your quote quilt looks when you begin to make words with your letters! I just sort my scraps by color, so I would probably put those leftover pieces in my pink bin and use them here and there as needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't unpick anything yet. I would put them with your other pink scraps and use them as they are, where possible. Only unpick if and when it's absolutely necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on sewing up your PINK scraps! Those extra bits would be normally be broken down into their various parts. That being said, sometimes it fun to just sew them up into another quilt and be done with them. Good luck with your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are recovering well from your surgery and I'm happy to see you sewing. You might want to check your "e" though--looks like middle piece got flipped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are looking good. I think you need to re-visit the pink project and see if you are still in love with it. If yes, sew on. If not, you might want to let it rest a bit and see if you really aren't in love with it anymore. In which case, it may be time to let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have enough for another quilt! LOVE your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty pinks. I'd probably put those pink scraps aside for a scrappy quilt later, but that's only because I have so many in the works now. Good luck with your OMG. On Ringo Lake is my leaders and enders project. It seems to be taking a lot longer than the previous Bonnie Hunter Mysteries that I've finished that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your letters. I am blogging at relaxingrobin.blogspot.com now. My other blog had issues that they couldnt resolve. Ugh.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look great - thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete