Monday, August 26, 2019

one monthly goal finish

At the beginning of the month, my one monthly goal for August was to get On ringo lake mystery quilt to a top. and to have all the garden party blocks finished and the chaining blocks started.
Here is the top. When I put it together, I discovered that there was a mistake on the center row, and I had to take it apart and redo the sashings in the center row. At this point, I have one more sashing near the center that has to be flipped.


I finished all the garden party blocks, and I cut the strips for the chaining blocks.


more exciting news..
My orchid is blooming. I have had it a couple of years, and was beginning to lose hope it would bloom again. It is just lovely.



I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. COngrats!! the On Ringo Lake looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your orchid is lovely! Congratulations on getting ORL to the flimsy stage. The scrappy Garden Party blocks will work up so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Congratulations on finishing the On Ringo Lake top.

    I love your orchid.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing all your progress with Moving it Forward! Your quilt looks great as does the orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can you even tell there is a mistake? It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go, orchid! I knew your Ringo was going to be GORGEOUS put together. I can't count how many times I've done something like flip the sashing around! It used to really irritate me - now I feel more "Zen" about it, I guess. I just see it as a great excuse to get to sit and watch a show while I pick it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly goal and congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a beautiful finish. It's just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete