Friday, August 9, 2019

garden party

I am so close to finishing the 100 garden party blocks. I have a few minutes each day to sew. I made kits with these blocks so they are easy to just grab and sew a few.



I am getting stronger each day, but the hardest part of recovery are the limitations- no bending, twisting, squatting, lifting. I wish I had prepared my sewing room for the limitations. Much of what I would want to work on is off limits. While my husband is home taking care of me, we spend a little time each day, trying to move a few supplies into my "moving " space. I am learning to love my grabber tool. Funny how I am not trying to make laundry possible......or bathroom cleaning

I am linking to:

5 comments:

  1. LOL - yes take a break from the cleaning and move all your quilting to your reach - hope long is the recovery period for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you are continuing to heal and get stronger. It's frustrating with all the limits, but hopefully those won't last too much longer. What's wrong with avoiding laundry or bathroom cleaning? I don't have to be not 100% to avoid those, so you are in good company there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend here had similar back surgery this summer and we heard all about the B, L, T restrictions. It sounds like there are many movements we all make without thinking about it that are covered in those restrictions. Glad you're finding was to get a little sewing in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you are healing. Limits are good for now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have our priorities!! LOL
    SEW glad to hear that you are feeling well enough to play with fabric. Remember your rules for recovery, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete