Saturday, February 16, 2019

rsc end of rainbow

I have both red and yellow string pieces made and cut for the end of the rainbow quilt. I have a bad habit of carrying a book around with me and putting it down at some point without even thinking about it. If I have a few minutes, I might grab it to read, or I might carry it to my bedroom for a before bed look, or I might carry it to the cutting table, or the kitchen table, or ....The book with the pattern is hiding right now,


But, not before I have cut all the background pieces. Most of the time, I can just look on the top strata of things and find the missing book. This one is being a bit sneaky.


Maybe this is as far as this one will get for awhile.

I have the blocks for flying home finished in yellow.


I am so inspired by all the quilters in the rainbow scrap challenge. There is only one more Saturday in February, I better get busy and finish up yellow for the month.

I am linking:

9 comments:

  1. I really like the flying home block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it, I hate it when a book or pattern goes missing! It will turn up, soon, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your description of carrying around a book made me laugh! I can keep track of my book, but my three oldest tend to lose a few books every day, so there are books everywhere but never the one they want right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy do I hear you about putting down things and then not being able to find it! Sometimes I am smart and put the book in box, bin, bag or whatever I put the project pieces in. Sometimes I do exactly what you are talking about. I'm looking forward to seeing your rainbow quilt when it happens. I had to look at the calendar -- I thought we had 2 more weeks of Feb but I see it's more like a week and a half. Back to my yellows too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing your flying home quilt - hope that book turns up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that is me this morning. I had misplaced a pattern with a Twister ruler, eventually found it. I can't find my T-pins I use to block my knitting!!! I had to use push pins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you and your book are re-united soon. Great things are happening there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm terrible about setting books (phones, etc.) down and being unable to locate them. They always turn up... often UNDER something else! SEW glad you were able to find time to play with your YELLOW scraps this week. Always a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I'm working from a book, I usually scan the pattern pages so they stay in my sewing room in the project box. I'm really bad about putting away my books and then can't remember which book a project is in. Hope you find it soon. Congrats on all the progress with your rainbow blocks, they look great!

    ReplyDelete