Monday, February 4, 2019

good fortune - more

I have been assembling rows for my good fortune mystery quilt at Friday group. It is mindless work with a big impact. I need mindless to keep up with conversation and of course, to throw my 2 cents into the fray. I sure enjoy the company.
I am always a little nervous at the assembling stage. What if I don't like it, or I didn't get it right at some point. But, there is also the giddy excitement as a new block is added and it grows.


And it grows...

And it grows...


I am thrilled. From the picture, it looks like I have the 4 patches right. And, I like the colors. I don't think my quilting friends are convinced yet. For them, it might be a bit bright.

I have been working with celtic solstice, too, and the colors are very similar.


I have just finished orca bay, as my 12th mystery quilt. All of them have a special page here. I have 6 left to do, which includes 2 repeats of my own colorway, that, I was just sure I had to do as well. Every new one is my favorite.



6 comments:

  1. I love the alternating warm and cool colors of Good Fortune. Sewing the blocks into rows and assembling the quilt top is such a tedious part of the process for me, too. Godspeed to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Good Fortune is coming along. Mine is in hibernation while I finish other things. Orca Bay is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt top is looking great. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's too bright at all. I like the way you alternated the warm and cool colors. It's a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing it on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your Good Fortune & Celtic Solstice are beautiful!!! I love the colors, so happy.

    ReplyDelete