Tuesday, November 14, 2017

scrappy rag rug

I have finished another rag rug using my homemade rug loom. I had an entire bucket of fabric that didn't make the cut even for a string quilt, so I used them in this rug. It measures 28 x 38 inches and lays so perfectly flat on the floor. That is why I love them better than crochet or braided rag rugs. The technique is called twining.
I made the frame here.

 I have a new quilt on the frame with a music theme.


I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River
to do tuesday
too cute tuesday

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your rug, and how you ran the red stripe through them. That looks amazing! I also love all of those fabrics in the quilt. Music was a big part of our life growing up, as my mom plays the violin and made sure me and my two sisters took piano lessons. Such a lovely quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use of your scraps left from string quilt. Hmmm. I have a table loom long neglected, I'll have to remember your use of fabric here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your scrappy rug! Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rug, I have never heard of twining....sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great rug--I need to learn to do that!

    ReplyDelete