Saturday, November 18, 2017

early Christmas present

Hubby made an early Christmas present, and I am soooo excited. I dread ironing big quilts on a regular ironing board...
 He cut the plywood 22 x 62
We used 4 layers of batting and an old wool blanket. It works like a dream.I tried it on my finished top of En Provence. What I noticed is, that as I sprayed water on it, I was able to iron it dry better. I won't be able to quilt this for this month's one monthly goal as I have 5 customer quilts to do first, and they are for Christmas. I am so grateful they are not waiting until the last minute. So mine will have to wait.


On my list for next year's rainbow scrap challenge is Almost Amish by Jo and Kelli Kramer ( Jo's Country junction) I have it all cut and ready to go. It fits in the brown month.




I am linking to
 SewCan She



rsc17 super saturday

I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new ironing table! What a great idea if you have the room. Your RSC 2018 project looks like it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your RSC18 project, but am absolutely THRILLED over your new Big Board!! Way to go, DH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have such a large space to iron. It will make pressing so much easier. Will you use it for blocks, too, or just for large quilts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ironing board- I'm sure you will really enjoy it! I like your new 2018 plan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fantastic table. It will come in handy for many things, hopefully not a Scrap pile collecter. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I had room for an ironing surface that big! Your En Provence looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great ironing table. You'll probably wonder how you ever got along without it. The Almost Amish quilt is a great choice for "brown month!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. A large pressing area is heaven! Glad you have handy guy who got you set up with one. Ooooh, I like next year's RSC project. Congrats on getting En Provence to the finished flimsy stage. One more pieced border to pin on and then the worst is done on mine.

    ReplyDelete