Monday, May 29, 2023

5 quilts May 29, 2023

 last report April 28, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. 

Ok, confession, I have not stuck to my 5 quilts very well, I have continued to work on them, but my resolve to stick to them only has not worked. I have wandered into other fun projects. But, I can feel the overwhelm starting and I need get back on track.

This month the numbering is a little wonky. I have finishes that I haven't summarized and new ones to add.

1. wensleydale a jenn kingwell pattern - I  have cut 20 - 25 so far. I have made 5 or so. They are much bigger than I expected. I like them better than I thought I would, but I am not thrilled with how well they are fitting together even with acrylic templates. I have to bribe myself to work on them. It doesn't help that I will have to cut again- yuk

2. trip around the world class- It was a great class and fun day

mine





3. Hand me down -the top is done - moved to the 'to be quilted' closet but soon

3. wonky courthouse steps 2  is finished




3. Saturday soire block of the month. This an older UFO from 2013. I have been working on the setting kits and I have part 1 done. Part 2 appears to be sashings.



4. new kaliedescope I have cut strips and need to cut them into kaleidoscope wedges



5. beige 4 patch quilt -I decided to turn this into a piece for backing.   - gone

6. rectangle wrangle I thought this would make a good portable project, But, I mostly sew a couple blocks every morning. I have all ( 42)  uphill blocks finished. Next are the downhill blocks. It will take a few to break my groove and start another groove.


MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

1. wonderland table topper is finished


new 1. tokoyo subway is finished


2. scrapbox chevron from 2013 My one monthly goal for May - on the frame, basted, quilting

customer pause

3. wonky wishes 2017

4. checkered past

5. ubi

hand me down

taw baby quilt



7 comments:

  1. I think the key sentence is "I continue to work on them." Isn't that the end goal is to get them finished. It sounds like these 5 projects aren't your most. Why not spice up the sewng with other more fun projects. Forward progress is what is important and it seems you are making it on lots of different quilts. Congrats on 2 completely finished projects. Tokyo Subway looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie, It is somehow very comforting to read that we work on projects the sane way. I too, try to work on about 4 or 5 at a time, and new projects keep jumping into the works. It is fun for me t work this way, and makes me happy to see all of your lovely completed projects. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been chipping away on those projects. Toyoko Subway is such a fun quilt. I need to take a page from your play book and buckle down to get some finishes the second half of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tokyo Subway is really awesome. I've never seen that pattern before. I keep a detailed list too, and also feel OK deviating from the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many gorgeous projects Maggie! It's hard to work on a project that doesn't go together well isn't it?! Love the class photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great roundup of quilts! Love how you stay organized. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/05/31/wednesday-wait-loss-330

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maggie you had such a great week and got so many projects worked on. Love seeing them all. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete