Saturday, May 13, 2023

orange diffusion

Orange is the color for the rainbow scrap challenge in May, and, it is a great color for my fall quilt project, diffusion. Diffusion is a quilted twins free pattern. I still haven't decided if I am graduating the background color, yet. But, I can still make 9 patches, and, decide later. I am making my 9 patches using 2 inch strips. It wasn't hard to find orangey little scraps. Finding longer ones, was the problem. Still, I spent a lovely morning sewing strip sets, until, I had a large pile.


I am grateful to have an accuquilt to cut the strip sets 




It makes sewing the 9 patches much easier.

sets of 2
I made 50 



I am linking to:



5 comments:

  1. I really like Quilted Twins patterns. It would be nice though if they would alphabetize them so it would be easier to find what I'm looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made good progress on those 4 and 9 patches. Hope the floor project has made it safer to walk in the sewing room. I need to do something about my cords, I'm going to take a tumble one of these days if I don't get them out of may way. Tumbles are just not healthy for any of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 50 nine patches is a good days work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful blend of orange's great success on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those orange patches! What a lovely quilt this is going to make. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete