Sunday, May 14, 2023

stash report May 14, 2023

 Happy Mother's day

My, my feelings have changed over the years. When I was in grade school, we wrote little essays to someplace that would pick the Mother of the year. I was sure mine would win, until, I was a teenager, then, I thought she should go to Mom jail. Then, I was a new Mom and so excited. I have been in Mom jail myself many times. Now, I just hope for a candy bar passed out at church.

stash report May 14, 2023

fabric added: 0 yards

fabric added year to date: 63 yards 

fabric used:  14 yards   I finished wonky courthouse steps
fabric used year to date: 174 1/2 yards

111 1/ 2 yards used more than bought 

I sewed 6 days last week. 

I have a goal to add one strip of wool to my village rug everyday. Some days I add more. Sundays, I spend real time on it, and make a little more progress. I mentioned before that I am having trouble repeating the dye color for the background, so I am hooking a little everywhere on the background. I am moving around the rug and repeating the same spots to fill the background a little more.


I am linking to:

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this part of the hooked border is soon to be finish! Happy Mother's Day to you, Maggie!
    Thank you for sharing and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all felt the same way about our mothers when we were teenagers! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all mom's get put in mom jail at some point. Congrats on all the fabric out and the stitching time. Have a great Mother's Day (hope you got the candy bar).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spreading dyelots around a project is a good way to cope with the color variation. I have done that myself when there's a huge dyelot difference in yarn or fancy floss. Your rug is looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh...teenagers and their mothers; I remember those years very well. Your rug is looking amazing. Hope your Mother's Day was a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your first paragraph! So true! Congratulations on what seems to be a buying freeze on fabric! Your Village Rug is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my , you have really used up some fabric this year! I am going to try to do a stash report today. It will not be on the positive side but a gift of fabric is still A GIFT OF FABRIC! Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get flowers and a BBQ. Great work on spreading around those background colors, great solution for an ongoing problem. Happy hooking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your progress on the rug. It's going to be so pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We all do the best we can given the circumstances. Hope chocolate came your way!

    ReplyDelete