Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Scrap box chevron finish

I finished scrap box chevron in the nick of time for my one monthly goal for May. I put the last stitches in the binding yesterday. I had a few customer quilts that took priority this month, and, I wasn't sure I could make it. I started it in 2013 and it was ready to quilt in 2014. Yes, it has waited that long to be quilted. Many of my quilts that stall at the quilting stage are there because I am not a fancy quilter. I think I save them to do the new modern fancy stuff, but, no, I am not that person. So, it is time to finish these quilts, my way.

58 x 61 = 12 yards

I quilted in free form swirls

I used a scrappy binding


the pattern

At the end of the month( can you believe it), it is time to check on my PHD report. I did better than I thought I did. I finished 4 UFOS in May. I am sure that is a record. But, the best part, I haven't started anything new this year. Even the TAW baby quilt was started as another project 4 years ago, I repurposed the strips for the new quilt.


I  am linking to:

oh scrap

PHD

One monthly goal

I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. Wow 4 finishes must be a record! Love your Chevron quilt. So pretty! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/05/31/wednesday-wait-loss-330

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy - your gorgeous chevron quilt reminds me of licorice all sorts. Well done on your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe you finished the chevron top a decade ago. So pleased you opted to quilt it your way. Now it is perfect to cuddle up in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a neat block! I'm going to have to look for that pattern, because I'd like to make that one. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color & pattern! Congrats on the finish! (I need some finishes myself.). Laura H.

    ReplyDelete