Saturday, May 14, 2022

more blossom time

I made blossom time blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I wasn't sure how I would fit green into the mix since there was so much green already with the stems and leaves. I think I found some greens that were ok. I used 2 1/2 in strips to cut these. I used pieces that were at least 8 inches long. If I had any left over, in green, I cut for more stems and leaves. I need a piece that is at least 9 inches long to cut a set.



I planted orange mint last night to my herb garden. I have one other I am trying to grow called mojito mint. It didn't start well under grow lights so we will see if it can direct sow. Today is a plant sale at a church to raise money for missions. I think we are out of places to plant here but, it is always fun to see what others are growing. I hope you all have something growing this summer.

My favorite tomatoes to eat are cherokee purple and yellow stripey. We decided to grow mortgage lifter for canning, because of the name and back story was fun. The names are just fun.

I am linking to:

10 comments:

  1. your green blossom blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. who knew that green flowers are also beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blossom time blocks! I usually buy tomatoes for canning, just don't have enough room in the garden. Good luck with the mint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a nice variety of blossoms there. I have the pattern but maybe later this year I'll start it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your flower blocks. I agree Cherokee is one of my favorite tomatoes as well. I’m hoping to get mine started this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers for your fabric garden!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with green flowers and green stems. You've selected the perfect combination for both!--Terry K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems to me you did a great job of finding the perfect greens that will work. Such a pretty block. In rainbow colors of RSC, a quilt with these blocks is going to be gorgeous! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started to follOW the rainbow scrap challenge. I am considering making you flowers, I love them. Kathleen Mary

    ReplyDelete