Saturday, May 21, 2022

lucky blocks

I guess, I wanted a little shamrock luck making these hole in the barn blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. 

pink blocks here


My husband harvested a laundry basket of stinging nettle from our yard. He adds it to his peppermint herb tea for the anti- inflammatory properties. It filled the whole dehydrator. we joke that we spent years trying to eradicate this weed from our yard and now, we harvest it. Ha-ha. I am just glad he handles it and I don't have to do it.


other benefits:
pain reducer
aids in digestion
boosts the immune system
improves kidney health
has vitamin a,c, potassium, iron, and beta carotene


I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. Love your Hole in the Barn blocks in greens! They're just a lot of scrappy fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came to see your beautiful Hole in the Barn Door blocks but I've leaving with very interesting knowledge. Thanks for sharing the properties of the stinging nettle. I had no idea. I too try to get this weed out of my backyard but now I will harvest it too. Thanks! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty blocks! I love those green fabrics. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun to read about the stinging nettle tea. My daughter gathers all sorts of plants to dry and use as tea as well. Must ask her if she knows about the properties of stinging nettles, there is sure to be some growing on her small holding.

    ReplyDelete