Wednesday, May 22, 2019

pineapple new round

Yesterday was hijacked by my husband's heart and atrial fibrillation. They decided to shock him into rhythm. It was a long ordeal, and more waiting time than fixing time. It started in the morning, and, I thought we had circumvented the hospital by going to the doctor's office. Our doctor was out for the day, and his partner decided to be a bit more aggressive. So, we ended up spending a few hours in the hospital for a cardiac conversion.
He is much better and home. We have a million more medications and instructions, getting older isn't for sissies.

My little bit of sewing time, was to trim a new round of pineapple blocks using the creative grids template. I have never tried any other method for making a pineapple block, but this seems really easy. I started it here. There are squares in the center that line up the center square and them the angle of the template makes quick work of cutting.




I made a few alphabet letters in orange for the rainbow scrap challenge.



And a few more scrappy HSTs



I am linking to:



I am linking to:


chameleon color linky

Oh scrap

I am linking to:
design wall monday







6 comments:

  1. that looks like a neat ruler to have. I was just thinking about this quilt pattern awhile ago and saw a tutorial for making one without the ruler but this would be easier. I have made two in the past - one by hand cutting all the pieces out with scissors years ago and one by paper piecing which I hate to do. This by far looks easier then either of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very long day at the hospital. Glad that your husband is doing better. My mom has a history of A-fib. She often quotes the same motto "Getting older is not for sissies!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear of hubby's issues. At least you got some sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope all is well and that life returns to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your hubby continues to feel better for a good while. Love the orange letters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your husband is feeling much better now, and the new medications are keeping everything normal (or normal-ish). That ruler is quite clever, and your block is perfect!

    ReplyDelete