Friday, May 24, 2019

progress

From pieces and parts, I am slowly making 72 florabunda blocks. I am mostly cutting the old florals if I come upon them in sorting other scraps. I need a 3 1/2 in strip to make the HSTs and a 2 inch strip for the 4 patches. If I find a piece that has that much fabric, I cut it, and stack it in the box. Finding the yellows isn't as easy. And I don't have that many yellows in my stash, it is time to shop for more. Bummer:).


I had enough for 3 of this fabric combo.



And I might get 3 from this one too.



My 3 1/2 inch strip drawer was full and wouldn't close. That is the sign I needed to sort into colors and launch them into the big tub. I keep an easily accessible drawer in my sewing room near the cutting table. I have 1 1/2 inch, 2 inch and 2 1/2 inch drawers as well. I just throw them in as I cut them. I keep a bigger set of buckets further away from the work area that I sort into by color.
When those are full it is time to cut a new quilt.


note
I am linking to:




Whoop Whoop

4 comments:

  1. I've never understood why the right yellows are SO hard to find! Your progress looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These florabunda blocks are super nice... I especially like the blue and yellow one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks! I like your fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty floral blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete